Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kindles For Kids: Readers


If you're not an author or a writer (or if you're all of the above), there are other ways you can help spread the word.

  • Email your contacts. This link will be particularly helpful.
  • Talk to people about it: real life, social networking sites, forums. The sky's the limit.
  • If you're a reader, and you haven't yet, you can purchase the e-book for CATSPELL at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. The paperback is available only on Amazon. (I will be making limited edition hardcovers--only printing 40--available on my website. I'll post the link when it goes live on Monday both in my sidebar here and in Monday's post.) They also make great gifts. #obligatoryauthorshilling O:)
  • I haven't unraveled the mysteries of Amazon's logarithms, but the more reviews a book has, the more visible the book is. If you feel so inclined, an *honest* review would be helpful. I don't read my reviews (they're for the readers, not for me) so no worries, even if you didn't care for it. Also, if you're so inclined, the more tags a book has, the greater the visibility. If you have time, clicking the box for each tag helps. You can find the tags at the bottom of the page:
  • Photo contest. You can either print off a Kindles for Kids flyer or make one of your own (creativity gets bonus points). Once you do that, take a photo either of the flyer or of you and the flyer somewhere outside your house. (You can be inside other buildings like libraries, etc. you just can't do it in your own house.) The more creative you can get the better. There will be two winners: one chosen by me, one chosen by anyone who wants to vote. Winners will receive a limited edition, hardcover of THE FAIRY GODMOTHER DILEMMA: CATSPELL. Contest runs from March 12th-31st. Winners will be voted on and announced in April. Attach your photo to an email and send it here:

So, there you have it. Just a few ideas how anyone--author, writer, reader, complete stranger--can get involved in helping spread the word. The goal is to raise enough money through royalties (my royalties--up to 249,000 copies--for CATSPELL, both electronic and paper, will go toward the Kindle Fires from March 12th-31st.) to purchase and donate 10 Kindle Fires to the pediatric unit at the Utah Valley Hospital.

Any questions, comments, ideas? Please feel free to leave them in the comment section or email me. :) My inbox is a little crazy right now, but I will get back to you. I appreciate your patience and help. :D

Thanks so much for your help. I couldn't do this without you!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I downloaded my copy of Catspell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been spreading the word all over my blog! I am going to buy multiple copies of your wonderful book and do a HUGE giveaway starting March 12th and help encourage all of my followers to get involved.

    Let me know if I can do anything else to help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi i am disabled and want a kindle also and i wish i could help more. i bought your ebook CatSpell and i hope thid will help. Thank you for trying to help the kids at the hospital, I myself know to well whats its like to be there for days with nothing to do, Thanks again Joannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. May i join in?
    imagination_station@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!