Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pink Hair for LiLa

Courtesy of Clix

One of the best things about belonging to the writing community is how exciting it is when your friends find their agents, land a book deal, and then *squee* have a book come out. On a real shelf. In a real bookstore. 

And there are several of you who are doing this. This year! And I'm so excited, and want to get the word out, but how? In the prom that is the Blogging World, I'm not the homecoming queen, the popular girl that gets asked out first, or the one who shows up late, but is wearing glass slippers so it's all right. I'm not the one with the witty jokes, the one who's destined to rule be in charge of anything, or the one with the trendiest dress. I'm the one in the corner watching everyone, sipping my pink lemonade, wishing I knew how to dance.

And then something serendipitous occurred. I was scrolling through my Twitter feed, trying to figure out what to do about this, when a certain Daring Duo caught my eye:
Yup. That's right. They had pink hair, just like on the cover of their book. Pretty awesome, huh? I thought so too. And then, a tiny spark of creativity blossomed into what could very well amount to a fire blazing across continents strung out across the world like pearls.

I went pink:
That's right. Well, my avatar went pink--for both Twitter and Facebook. So those of you who were wondering, this is what happened. Lightning struck, and it was Pink!

And not only that, but the solution to my dilemma. Humans are fairly visual creatures, and what better way to celebrate LiLa's book coming out in March than a visual reminder every time I said anything on Twitter or Facebook? And even better, thanks to T. Anne, we have a hashtag: #pinkhairforlila.

So for the entire month of February, I'm Going Pink! to show my support for Lisa and Laura. Becoming an Author with a book morphing from first draft to Sparkling Pretty lining bookshelves is a hard, heart wrenching, glorious, major accomplishment. And I want to say, Rah! you're making it and I'm so proud of you and happy to be your friend! To say, Pink! and pearls are awesome! To say, I'm wishing you the best of luck! And to say all manner of Pink! things! 

So who's with me? Will you Go Pink! this month? I'd love to know, whether in the comments or through the #pinkhairforlila hashtag. And LiLa--wishing you the very Pinkest Best!

16 comments:

  1. Dani, you rock! I want to go pink, too, but I don't know how. Will have to tinker.

    Congrats to both your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks, Beth! I just uploaded my avatar into photobucket and painted my hair and headband and did white dots for beads on the earrings. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Christine! Photobucket (free) paint was what I used. Doesn't look so good big, but does well small. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I'll definitely go pink hair all month in honor of LiLa :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your support is absolutely amazing, Danyelle. We can't thank you enough! Launching The Liar Society is one of the most exciting, terrifying things we've ever done in our lives, but friends like you give us hope that our book will find it's way to lots of lovely young readers. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK I'm going to figure out how to get my pink going on. Even if it means changing the hue of my avitar. Am excited!!!! #pinkhairforlila!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is AWESOME! What a brilliant idea, Danyelle. (And you're seriously one of the nicest people I've ever met. I love ya!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Great idea and now it all makes so much sense!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun way to show your support. My flower is already pink. I love to see my friends succeed. It makes me so happy when I see their books on the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pink lightning! It is very rare though.

    Each success we see gives us hope.
    Funny Stuff I Write

    ReplyDelete
  11. I noticed that the other day and was trying to figure out how long you had pink hair! =) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ack! I crashed this week, but I wanted to thank you all for stopping by. You all are what makes the writing community so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!